Monday, September 15, 2008

Weekend Time

This past weekend was awesome. On Saturday Emerson went to the Conference Center for Priesthood Leadership Meeting. It was part of the North Salt Lake Regional Stake Conference we had on Sunday. After he got home laundry got done. Ed and Mike came over while I was taking a snooze because carrying this wound vac and all takes a lot out of me. Plus the healing process has taken a toll on me. But, I had gotten up when I heard Mikes voice. So when I got up I watch Mike do a project for a little bit while Emerson and Ed were trying to get a computer up and running. Also Ed was on our other computer showing us something he did with his. Then we were building a computer online that would have taken over $10,000 and we were just laughing. After that Ed and Emerson got on Ed's Xbox 360 while Mike was still doing his project. I on the other hand was on the main computer just doing normal things in Facebook along with other things. Then when 11:45pm came rolling around Ed and Mike left Emerson and I went to bed at midnight since we had to be up for Stake Conference.

Sunday when we got up, we ran over to pick his Mom up and then went to the Conference Center. We had a total of 72 Stakes and 1 District in that Conference Center. Can I tell you that Conference was so amazing. President Monson spoke for an hour with us along with Sister Lund, Elder Ballard, and Elder Hinkley spoke. It of course lasted till noon. Once we got done we took Emerson's mother home and Emerson and I came home and relaxed. I took a long nap and got on the computer when I woke up. Emerson was on the other computer trying to get it up and running. Other then that, Sunday was a day I won't ever forget. Monson's talk was amazing. He spoke of things that needed to be worked on along with keeping the whole conference at heart and keep strong. The main points President Monson spoke on were the following: Keep our house a house of prayer, fasting, faith, learning, glory, order, and god. Under each of these he spoke of ways to do each. Like for Order he said we need to have a time for recreation, work, family, self, christ, spouse, and family. For Learning he said we need to learn all we can of the gospel along with the scriptures, and good books. These are just some of them. Sister Lund spoke on family and how to keep them safe and what to do, Ballard spoke on the Holy Ghost, and Hinckly spoke on the promises the lord made us and how to go with his promises he made to all of us.

Like I said this is a Stake Conference I will never forget. It was one of the best I have ever had since I was growing up I think. There have been good ones growing up but, this one tops them all.

No comments: